Here are the goals:
- 15 lbs (185) by December 31st, 2010
- 15 lbs (170) by April 30, 2011
- 15 lbs (155) by August 31, 2011
- Complete the C25K program (9 weeks) - successfully running 5K
Rewards (in order):
- Gym Membership/Personal Training Sessions
- New Phone
- Hiking/Camping Trip
- 1-hour Hot Stone Massage (BumbleLane)
In total its 50 lbs in one year (for a total of 100 lbs by end of Stage 2). I gave myself one year (Oct 12 2009 - 2010) for Stage 1 (and I ended up completing that in 10 months).
My tools to help me achieve these goals are:
- My trusty Schwin Elliptical Cycle
- Daily entry in Lost It! app (tracking weight, calories, nutrients, exercise)
- C25K app on the iPhone
- Strength & Conditioning (for now calisthenics and/or yoga offered on Netflix)
- Weekly blog posts updating my progress, successes, needs for improvement, etc.
I'm comfortable with these goals and rewards as well as the amount of time I'm giving myself. I'm keeping with the 1 lb/week average because this will ensure success. Don't want to set the bar too high. I want to create achievable goals that will allow success, not failure. Not to mention wiggle room for weeks of holiday parties, birthday fun, weddings, etc. Overall I'm comfortable with the goal and happy to have a new set of goals ahead of me. My biggest concern is having a lack of motivation or getting bored/tired with my routine. This is why I've given new rewards (gym/personal training) as well as introduced the C25K program into the mix.
With the start of a new month, new season - big changes are on the way!