With this being my 4 year attending here's a few items that you need to know:
- You will forget people's names and they will forget yours. Don't be ashamed to glance down at a badge and then freak out in a girly squeal "OMG IT'S YOU!" It's perfectly normal. Everybody does it.
- You will get hugged and you need to be prepared to hug in return. It's a huggle-fest.
- SWAG. Tons of swag. You'll have to prioritize the swag cause you won't be able to take it all home with you.
- You will fall in love with Roni's Mom. Don't fight it, just give in the dark side.
- You will cry. At some point either during session, during a workout, or just from all the emotions. It'll be a combination of happy/sad tears. And when you do, you'll have a group of people who will comfort you, understand you, and cry with you. It's magical. (Or they'll make you do jumping jacks...)
- You should participate in as much as you possibly can. It's a marathon of events, people, and sight-seeing. Wake up early, stay up late, you can sleep on the plane ride back home (and you will).
- You will get out of it what you put into it. If you want to hang out in your hotel room, be anti-social, or be a fly on the wall, then cool, but the magic won't happen that way. Just being honest. Participate.
- Pay attention, but keep connected. You will have your head down at a laptop or cellphone while in session. It happens. We all follow the twitterstream during session. As with anything, there's a delicate balance... be present when you can, but be tech-social too.
- You will do something stupid. Trip over your own feet, call someone by the wrong name, fart... who knows, it'll happen. When you do, you'll be surprised at how no one really cares. In fact, you'll probably have someone who laughs with you about it, cause they've been there and done that.
- You will have withdrawal. The plane ride back you'll be exhausted and full of that happy-go-lucky feeling. And the week after you'll read reviews and followups, look at pictures, and it'll be just so much fun to connect with all these old and new friends... but then a week or two after, reality sets in and you realize that you still have to deal with the day to day drudge.
There you have it peeps... your annual pre-fitbloggin post. Only 30 short days away and that means I need to get my fat ass in order. Time to hit the pavement and log those foods! See ya in June!
For previous posts from Fitbloggin's of the past:
- Fitbloggin 2013:
- Welcome Back!
- Dear Fitbloggin
- Fitbloggin 2013 Photo Dump
- To Dos & Dont's of Fitbloggin
- Fitbloggin Blasts From the Past
- What is Fitbloggin
- Fitbloggin 2012
- And the Winner Is
- Blog A Versary Swag Bag Giveaway
- This is My Fitbloggin Recap
- Fitbloggin 2012 Photo Dump
- Pre-Fitbloggin 2012
- Fitbloggin 2011